Can Improving Your Posture Also Improve Your Happiness?
It’s true! Studies show that there’s a direct correlation between your posture and your mood. In this month’s newsletter, you’ll read how to make this work to your advantage. You’ll also learn how to make a habit of being smart with your money, and how to select the right mover using our quick checklist, and lots more. But first...
We’d like to mention that we are on a mission to raise $5,000 for Brant Animal Aid Foundation.
As of November 2018, we have raised $1870
of our goal. We do this by donating a portion of our referral sales income to Brant Animal Aid Foundation
, a non-profit organization whose objective is to provide funding assistance for projects that assist in the prevention and relief of unnecessary suffering of animals within Brantford and Brant County, due to injury, abuse or neglect. But they can’t do it alone - they rely on sponsorships and donations, like ours. By referring to us anyone you know who is thinking of buying or selling a home, you can join us in supporting this worthy cause!
So, please keep your ears peeled and call us with the name and phone number of anyone you hear of planning to buy or sell a home, and together we can make a big difference in the lives of many deserving families and their pets.
Finally, we want you to know that you may call us for any reason. We truly appreciate your friendship and referrals. Have a great November!
Jody and Paula Tysoski 519-761-3737
The Platinum Living Realty Team
Sutton Team Realty Inc. Brokerage
When you notice people talking about real estate in the next few weeks, wanting to upsize or downsize into a home that better meets their needs, tell them about our FREE Report, “The 9 Step System to Get Your Home Sold Fast and For Top Dollar”
and call or 1-844-311-4202 ID#5016
with their name and number, and we’ll send them this important Free Report
Selecting the Right Mover
The last thing you want on moving day is a problem with the moving company. Ideally, you want them to show up on time, handle your possessions with care, and act professionally. Here are some tips that will help you choose the best mover for your needs.
1. Get a recommendation from someone you trust. That could be a friend, family member or colleague. As your real estate agent, I can also recommend some reputable movers.
2. Get everything in writing. Make sure you understand exactly what you’ll be paying. Ask about circumstances where extra charges may be applied.
3. Ask if the moving company is certified.
4. Reputable moving companies are fully insured. Ask to see the company’s certificate of insurance or some other proof of coverage.
5. Avoid part-time movers who work weekends. Usually, they’re not professionals. You may save some money, but you’ll be taking a risk.
Make A Habit Of Being Smart With Your Money
Are you smart when it comes to money? Since many of us would say “probably not” here are some basic bad money habits and good ones you should adopt to replace them.
Bad: Not tracking your spending
Make a budget and have a plan. Track your spending and be prepared for major purchases that may lie ahead. Check out sites like www. youneedabudget.com
, and the free app Debt Tracker
Bad: Doing Everything Manually
: Take advantage of technology by setting up automatic payments tied to your credit card for bills that can be paid online. You’ll avoid late pyments that can lower your credit score.
Bad: Not investing your money
Invest in yourself now by putting money into a mutual fund or trading account. Consider talking to a financial advisor who can help you make ivestment decisions. It might be a good time to consider investing in real estate if it works for your portfolio!
Bad: Going it alone.
Hang out with successful people. Their good habits can rub off on you!
Your Referrals Help Families and Their Pets!
Our current campaign aims to raise $5,000 for animals in Brantford and Brant County . Our goal is to help Brant Animal Aid Foundation with their mission to prevent and relieve the suffering of animals in our community. Through your assistance in referring friends, family and acquaintances to us we can continue to consistently provide a high level of service so our clients are always completely satisfied. We sincerely hope you will tell your friends, family, neighbours and co-workers about our services. Our promise is that they will receive the same excellent service that you have experienced with our home selling team and help animals in the process! Visit www.TysoskiReferralRewards.com
to find out how you can help.
How Good Posture Can Make You Happier
Have you noticed that you slump when you’re feeling down and do the opposite - stand up straight and tall - when you’re feeling good? Studies show that your mind influences your body and vice versa - your body language influences your confidence and energy. Once you realize this, you can make it work to your advantage. Here’s what you should know:
? How good posture looks and feels, and what you can do to improve yours
• Go to www.chiropractic.ca and search for “good posture.”
•Excercise to improve your mobility and flexibility. Get away from “couch slouching.”
• Watch Amy Cuddy’s 2012 TED Talk. Search for “Amy Cuddy Ted Talk” on Youtube. She explains how doing certain “power poses” will actually change your hormone levels and relieve stress.
? The benefits of avoiding “computer hunch.”
Sitting at a computer or looking down at a phone causes a natural slump and ultimately fatigue. If you learn to sit properly, move your eyes away from the screen and take breaks, you’re bound to clear your mind, and feel more refreshed and energetic.
? “Fake it ‘til you make it” might just work.
It sounds funnny, but even if you’re not in a good mood, try adjusting your posture, holding your head up and projecting confidence. People will react to you accordingly, sending positive feelings to your brain.
Want To Win Tickets To A Magic Show?
Of course, you do! Visit our Facebook page ( Jody and Paula Tysoski- Your Home Sold Guaranteed or We’ll Buy it) or Instagram Page (@brantawesomehomes) and look for our contest post for details!
Real Estate Corner...
Q: What’s the most important thing you should do before deciding to make a real estate investment?
A: Your homework! Three key areas to focus on are:
• Your financial situation: Can you afford to make this investment? Learn everything you can about cash flow, appreciation, tax benefits, and loan amortization.
• Your motivation. Buying real esate isn’t necessarily an easy way to make money. Do you really want to be a landlord, with the responsibilities that entails, or should you hire a property management company?
• Your expertise. Add to your own knowledge by working with a REALTOR who is an “Investor Specialist.” He or she will help you research the best buys and work with you on documentation, such as purchase contracts etc.
If you’re thinking about investing in real estate and want to learn about how to avoid common buyer mistakes, call 1-844-311-4202 ID#5018 to order our FREE report “9 Buyer Traps and How to Avoid Them.”
HOME MAINTENANCE TIPS FOR WINTER
1. EXAMINE ROOF SHINGLES
- Check the roof for missing or damaged shingles before the first snowfall. Missing or damaged shingles can lead to water leaks in winter as there’s often snow left sitting on the roof.
2. CLEAN YOUR GUTTERS
- Remove leaves and other debris from gutters so that melted rain and snow can drain properly.
3. TURN OFF EXTERIOR FAUCETS –
undrained water in pipes can freeze which can cause pipes to burst as ice expands.
4.REPAIR LEAKS IN DRAFTY AREAS
-Windows and doors may require caulking or new weather stripping, baseboards may require caulking, and electrical outlets may need insulation gaskets. These minor upgrades can save you a ton on your heating bill.
Welcome Eric! We would like to give a warm welcome to our new co-op student, Eric Gingerich! Eric is a grade 12 Student from North Park Collegiate and Vocational School. He is a specialist high skills major student in Information and Communications Technology. We are happy to add him to the team!
THANK YOU for reading our Marketwatch newsletter. We wanted to produce a newsletter that has great content and is valuable t o you. What would you like to see in our newsletter? Let us know! Email firstname.lastname@example.org